DRILLING ANALYST/DRILLING ADVISOR – STAVANGER, NORWAY
As Sekal AS continues to gain more business in Norway and internationally, we are growing the organization and looking to hire Drilling -Engineers/-Analysts/-Advisors to join our Operations team in Stavanger, Norway.
Sekal AS is looking for a proactive and flexible individual with experience in drilling operations with an interest in and understanding of IT and software. Relevant candidates should have a Degree in Engineering or Geoscience. The candidate’s domain knowledge will be applied on onshore and offshore drilling operations to prepare, maintain and deploy Sekal AS modeling applications.
As a Drilling Analyst/Drilling Advisor you will provide early warnings to help the client to prevent or eliminate drilling problems such as formations of fluid influx, well-bore instability, stuck pipe etc., ultimately improving performance of the drilling process. You will be working in an innovative and expanding working environment, with possibilities to develop your career in Sekal.
The position is part of Sekal 24/7-rotation scheme. Some occasionally work abroad is part of this position.
Formal requirements for the job:
Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, geoscience or other relevant technical discipline.
• Minimum relevant experience is 1-5 years for the Drilling Analyst position and 6-10 years for Drilling Advisor position. The experience can be from the E&P industry, working for an oil company, services or software company
• Drilling experience: Hands-on experience within drilling/well operations, preferably having worked on a rig as Data Engineer or MWD/LWD engineer or other similar drilling related experience.
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of the drilling process and operation
• Software/IT ability: Good working knowledge of drilling optimisation software or similar is preferable.
• Client interface: Ability to manage customer expectations and communications with client personnel.
• Proactive and motivated self-starter who takes ownership of his/her responsibilities
• Ability to work autonomously and within a team with excellent cooperative skills
• Good communicator
• Analytical, systematic and organized
• Flexible and out-of-the box thinker
• Ability to train and mentor others (internally and externally)
• Excellent Norwegian and/or English skills (written and spoken)
• Willingness to work in a 24/7 rotation scheme and occasionally work abroad
• Eligible to reside and work in Norway
Sekal can offer:
• Opportunities to develop professionally and personally
• A positive working environment with the opportunity to work with a hard working team at a very high technical and professional level.
• Competitive compensation package
Apply for this position here (Click on Submit a request and choose Topic #4.)